Market Research Specialist
Supports the Market Research Department in planning, developing, coordinating and performing marketing research activities to gain insights regarding target audiences (primarily B2B) perceptions and behaviors. Assists other members of the PMA LLC Team in conducting quantitative and qualitative field research to support the strategic innovation, development, validation, and marketing of products
- Meets with lead researchers and clients to understand research needs and requests
- Supports the management of market research to determine customer and prospect behaviors, needs and impressions of brands, concepts, products, and services.
- Drafts and reviews tools for collecting data (such on-line surveys, telephone and in-person questionnaires/guides, product testing surveys/tally sheets, observation quides, moderator guides, etc.).
- Assists in planing, developing, and coordinating various market research projects, such as field tests (of products and/or services), online surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, observation, usability, human factor, and ethnographic studies.
- Analyzes data to for broad concept exploration, definitions and validation of hypotheses, and to refine sales propositions.
- Documents results for review by PMA LLC Team
- Prepares reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Presents and clearly communicates research findings to PMA LLC Team
- Collaborates with professionals in associated fields to develop studies and collect data.
- Monitors the market research industry and follows trends.
- Responsible for scheduling and personal travel
- Will handle some portion of administrative work for projects
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Psychology or related fields (MA in these fields is a plus) with one (1) to three (3) years experience in hands on quantitative market research applications.
- Experience with statistical analysis programs (SPSS preferred) and survey programming software (Qualtrics or similar) are required.
- Experience on the supplier side and with business to business clients is a plus.
- Professional demeanor;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients;
- Positive, “can do” attitude.